To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

First Dear Jane - pieced by Lana W

Don't you just love firsts?  This is my first Dear Jane quilt and I can't believe the work that goes into piecing one of these quilts. First time customer Lana mentioned she worked on this quilt for approximately 4 years (on and off of course).   The quilt size is 89" x 89" and there are 13 small blocks across, 13 blocks down and then there are the spectacular wedge blocks.

The quilting is full custom with ditching around each and every block and a little of this and a little of that in each and every block. Lana choose what she wanted in the border and will cut around the border scallops and bind each scallop with bias binding to achieve the traditional Dear Jane scalloped finish. It was a real honor to work on this beautiful quilt and I enjoyed it immensely although I must admit I did have to dig deep to come up with enough variation.

Lana just picked up her quilt and I am very happy to say "she loved it"!

There were two layers of batting used - one layer cotton and one layer wool (which gives a wonderful definition to the quilting).  I also used Invisifil thread for the top and a polyester in the bottom - this combination worked amazingly well.
















3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful piecing and gorgeous quilting. Another beautiful job Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing job! The piecing is impeccable and the quilting is second to none! Both of you should be very proud of this beauty!

    Tammy - High River

    ReplyDelete

Followers