To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Friday, December 19, 2014

"Illusion" - Missouri Star Quilt Company

Customer Christmas quilt commitments are complete and I am bound and determine to get at least two of my own quilts out of the queue and completed.  This is number one.

I saw this free quilt pattern on Missouri Star Quilt Company and had to make it.  Of course if it's scrappy it keeps calling my name until I make it.  I finished it up a few months ago and knew I wanted to quilt it using the Baptist Fan quilting design.  The design does not lend itself to freehand quilting which is what I do exclusively, so I went looking on the internet to see what I could find.  Cindy Roth at Long Arm Quilting University did a tutorial on quilting the Baptist Fan using circle templates - I was intrigued.   I love using rulers and templates in my custom quilting so thought this would be perfect.  I really like the outcome as I've been a fan of the Baptist Fan design for a long long time.  Although I must say, it is very different quilting a whole quilt with templates as opposed to here and there when doing a custom quilt.  It was a bit time consuming but I think worth it.






7 comments:

Followers