To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Saturday, March 22, 2014

T-Shirt Quilt - Another Joint Effort with Girlfriend Max

As some of you know, my girlfriend Max and I occasionally take on the task of making a commission quilt from scratch and this is our latest endeavor.  Max did the piecing of the blocks and borders after I did some preliminary fusing and rough cutting.   The piecing on this beauty was no small task as it ended up being a honkin 85"x 112" in size.   I  must admit though, I was fairly confident that the young man who will receive this quilt is tall as the shirts are all from his competition basketball days in junior high and high school.   After Max did her great work on the top,  I then pieced the leftovers into the back, quilted it and finished it off with hand sewn binding.

The customer chose the fabric and I love the definite masculine feel of this quilt. The quilting is freehand double swirls using a silver polyester thread by Madiera and the batting was Dream Puff.

I just have to share - Carrie picked up this quilt for her son Thursday and was over the moon.  Yeah!!!! Another happy customer - just the way we like it - right Max?








1 comment:

  1. This looks great Nancy and Max! It's amazing what can be done with T-shirts and a great piecing and quilting job! Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Followers