To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Monday, May 6, 2013

"Hunter Star" by Elizabeth

Love these Hunter Star quilts!  Elizabeth is a wonderful customer and quilting friend.  She drops quilts off, picks quilts up and takes time to chat and catch up. We laugh, we cry and all in all have a great time talking about quilting of course, grand children, dogs, and our upcoming trip to Houston in the fall.

A year or so ago Elizabeth saw I was working on my Hunter Star quilt (not quilted yet, I might add).  She asked about it, and I told her about Debbie Tuckers Rapid Fire Hunter Star DVD and ruler I used to make mine and how much I really enjoyed the process and ultimately the final outcome.   Well say no more - away she went and turned out this absolutely gorgeous Hunter Star quilt

Elizabeth mentioned this quilt will be for an elderly lady friend who lives in her neighbourhood.  The quilting is a freehand double swirl, thread is a variegated cotton thread - Tutti by Wonderfil and Hobbs 80/20 batting. The light fabric is actually more rose colored but for the life of me I could not get my camera to provide truer colors.

 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers