To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Carpenter Star by Max - Full Traditional Custom Quilting

This is a beautiful Carpenter's Star my friend Max pieced.  The lovely white space is a quilters dream and just cried out custom quilting.  Max had the original pattern photo showing an awesome aray of feathers.  Feathers are the reason I started longarm quilting so I was happy with the request.  Although the photo showed stipple type meandering in the white spaces I just knew I wanted to do more.

The feathers are all freeehand and the wreaths and white square blocks are curved cross hatching using Rhonda Beyer's rulers.  The batting is Hobbs 80/20 and the thread is Invisifil by Wonderfil.





 

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic quilting!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Nancy! I have one to do with a lot of that "white" space - it just screams for custom so you've given me some ideas! Thanks . . . Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job on this one. Perfect design choices. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auntie Nancy, there is no other word for you than "Artist"! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness - It's wonderful to see this pattern made and quilted with such lovliness! I tracked you down from Maxine's entry on my pattern page at Craftsy, where she bought her pattern. Beautiful quilting, love the cross-hatching!

    ReplyDelete

Followers