To see some examples of my custom quilting please scroll to the very bottom of this page. The majority of these are customer quilts who requested full custom quilting.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding having one of your quilts either freehand or custom quilted. crazycreekcreations@shaw.ca or call me at (403) 278-8854

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"This Way & That" - Scrappy Quilt

As an afterthought I decided to start a few blocks of a  new scrappy quilt to take with me to our annual guild retreat this weekend at Northbow Lodge.  A lot of you know that I enjoy making and using flying geese in a number of my quilts.  In particular I really like the "Square n' Square" technique by Jodi Barrows, and goodness knows I have a few scraps in my overflowing bin that are just crying out to be put into a quilt.

My other projects to work on this weekend are, of course, my Hunter Star - I have almost half the blocks finished and am really enjoying Deb Tucker's "Rapid Fire Hunter Star" ruler and DVD.   Both of these are awesome and help this block come together fairly quick without too much trouble.  I'm also hoping to get some place mats done up for gifts for our upcoming trip in August and for our guild's new charity of choice - "Brenda's House". I'm feeling fairly ambitious today but we'll see what the weekend brings - wish me luck.

I"m calling this new scrappy quilt  "This Way & That" - what do you think?  I'm so looking forward to this retreat and leaving all my longarm work behind.  Not complaining, just happy to be able to totally focus on piecing for 3 whole days as well as spending fun time with my quilting friends.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy I am not usually a scrappy quilt lover, but that is a nice layout. I love how the scraps are the background to the geese. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Followers